Ellen began her legal career in Cincinnati, Ohio at one of the most prominent firms in the state, where she was an associate for four years. She then acted as a visiting professor at Northern Kentucky University College of Law until her relocation to Florida in 1981. After obtaining a Master of Laws degree in taxation, she joined Dell Graham in 1984. She practices primarily in the areas of estate planning and probate, and is Board Certified in wills, trusts and estates.
She and her husband, Dr. James Gershow, have two children and live in Gainesville, Florida.
- Florida, 1977
- Ohio, 1976
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1983, Masters of Law in Taxation
- University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, 1976, Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude
- Honors: Society of Wig and Robe
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1973, Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Gainesville, Florida
- Board of Trustees University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Board Member and Past President, Alachua County Public Schools Foundation
- Trustee, University of Florida Performing Arts Advisory Board